ATC-SPONSE 5th INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
August 8, 2022
The organizing committee of the Fifth International Workshop on the Seismic Performance of Non-Structural Elements (SPONSE) intends to protect the health and safety of its attendees by adhering to the latest United States (U.S.) Federal, State, County, and Local requirements along with prudent practices for preventing the spread of COVID-19 during the Workshop.
Accordingly, the organizing committee is establishing this COVID-19 policy and will implement the following protocols at the Workshop. The organizing committee reserves the right to modify this policy and revise these protocols, if, at the time of the Workshop, COVID-19, and its subsequent variants, are no longer deemed to be a health emergency:
- Full vaccination, meaning two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccines, is required for all in-person attendees. Compliance will be based on the honor system and determined by individual attestation. The organizing committee will not be asking for, or retaining, documentation of vaccination status.
- In accordance with U.S. Federal guidelines, negative COVID tests are not an acceptable substitute for vaccinations.
- Booster vaccinations, to the extent that they are available, are recommended for all Workshop attendees.
- The wearing of masks will be mandatory at the Workshop venue during all activities related to the Workshop, except:
- While actively eating or drinking
- While actively presenting or serving on a discussion panel
- On each day of the Workshop, attendees are requested to ask themselves the following health-screening questions. If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” individuals should not attend the Workshop.
- Do you feel sick or symptomatic?
- Do you have a temperature exceeding 38.0 degrees C (100.4 degrees F)?
- Have you recently been exposed on in close contact with a COVID positive individual within the past week?
- Do you have a positive COVID test result, and have not been cleared as non-contagious by a healthcare professional or a subsequent negative COVID test result?
- Attendance at this Workshop constitutes your acceptance of this policy and your attestation of compliance with the policy, as well as your understanding and acceptance of the potential for increased risk of exposure to COVID-19.